Jowar popularly known as “New Quinoa “for its gluten free and whole grain goodness. People call it sorghum in English. Earlier jowar was used in food made for animals but today due to its numerous health benefits people have started incorporating it in their diet. Let’s discuss the major health benefits of jowar which make it an ideal food for consumption.
Benefits of Jowar
1. Digestion – Jowar contains a good amount of fiber. Fiber is good for your body as it adds bulk to stool and ensures it pass smoothly through digestive tract. It helps in digestion and prevents problems like gas bloating and diarrhea.
Read More : How can Yoga help in achieving Heart health
2. Gluten free– Gluten is an element of protein which is found in wheat and barley based products. it cause digestive problems like bloating, pain and cramps in stomach but jowar is a gluten free grain which can be a great substitute for people who are unable to eat wheat and barley due to gluten presence in it.
3. Blood Sugar– jowar is a carbohydrate that digests slowly so it leads to stable blood sugar levels . if you want to lose your weight jowar is a good choice for you.
4. Iron- Jowar contains approx 8.45mg of iron in every cup pair it with a vitamin c product to have the maximum benefit for your body.
5. Full of vitamins and minerals– jowar is full of vitamin B which helps the body to build new tissues and cells it s having potassium, phosphorus, Zinc, copper and 20 micro nutrients and antioxidants which helps your proper body growth.
Read More : How you can survive in recession easily
6. Immunity booster- jowar contains magnesium, copper and calcium which will make your bones strong. It contains iron which helps to increase red blood cells and improves our immunity.
7. Heart Health- Jowar is full of fibre which helps in lower LDL (Bad Cholesterol) levels in the body and reduces the risk of heart attack. Jowar helps to regulate plasma LDL Cholesterol concentration while improving the HDL levels in the body.
8. Blood circulation- iron and copper present in Jowar came together to play an important role in improving blood circulation and iron is crucial to developing red blood cells in the body . Consumption of jowar ensures the development of red blood cells. It improves the circulation of blood in the body which reduces the chances of Anemia.
9. Blood pressure- jowar is high in Potassium which is good for people with high blood pressure as it counteracts sodium impact in the body. If you are regularly consuming the potassium rich foods it will remove excess sodium from your body and normalize your blood pressure.
10 Other benefits- jowar has anti inflammatory properties as it is rich in phytochemical antioxidants. These elements are commonly found in fruits, nuts, and vegetables. It offers protection against heart diseases and cancer.