Pregnancy is a Great feeling for new mothers and a responsibility to follow the instructions of the doctor to have fruitful pregnancy. It usually lasts for 40 weeks or just over 9 months as it is measured from the last menstrual period to delivery. Health care providers refer to three segments of pregnancy, called trimesters.
1. First Trimester (0 to 13 weeks)
2. Second trimester (14 to 26 weeks)
3. Third Trimester (27 to 40 Weeks)
During pregnancy mothers should be extra careful about the food choices they made. Whatever will be consumed by an expecting mother it will directly affect the health of the child. Many health specialist suggested to avoid some foods during pregnancy to avoid any miscarriage. Let’s discuss the foods you should avoid during pregnancy
Read More : Top 5 Water Purifiers you can buy to have safe drinking water everyday
1. Papaya- Eating papaya can lead to abortion so it is dangerous for pregnant women. it contains latex which can cause uterine contractions.
2. Pineapple-Pineapple has bromelain present in it which can make the cervix softer and can cause unsuccessful labour or miscarriage.
3. Methidana seeds– Methidana seeds are harmful for a pregnant lady as it can cause strong contractions which lead to premature birth or abortion. So before consuming methidana talk to your doctor first.
4. Caffeine- High level of consumption of caffeine increase the risk of miscarriage and experience a difficult birth. Caffeine is found in lots of basic foods like tea, coffee and chocolate and is added in to some soft drinks and energy drinks.
5. Eggplant- Brinjal or eggplant should be avoided in pregnancy as it usually consumed to treat premenstrual disorder.
6. Fish-some fishes contain mercury which is harmful for your baby development it can damage the brain and nervous system so avoid eating fish like tuna and sharks and don’t ever eat raw or under cooked fish.
Read More : Top 10 Most Liveable cities in the world
However consuming right kind of foods would lead to overall development of baby. Fruits and vegetables, Proteins, walnuts, dairy products are good to eat during pregnancy.