Cholesterol is present in our blood and cells. It is a waxy substance found in our body. High levels of cholesterol can increase the risk of heart disease in your body. With high cholesterol you can develop fatty deposits in your blood vessels. You can reduce the body cholesterol if you reduce the saturated fats from your body. You have to eat foods which are rich in omega 3 Fatty acids. Normal cholesterol level under 200mg/dl which are healthy for adults. 200-239 mg/dl is considered as borderline high and readings of at least 240mg/dl as high.
Read More : 5 Best hanging restaurant in India to have adventure of dine in sky
There are two types of cholesterol
1. Low density lipoprotein(LDL) is known as Bad cholesterol
2. High density lipoprotein(HDL) is known as Good cholesterol
If you have too much cholesterol in your blood. I will combine with other substances in the blood to form plaque. It will stick to the walls of your arteries and leads to coronary artery disease. Where your arteries will become narrow and blocked. You have to make lifestyle changes to avoid the situation of high cholesterol
Foods which you can use to avoid high cholesterol in your body
1. Nuts- You can use almonds, peanuts and walnuts in your diet these are rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is good for heart health. If you will consume two ounces of nuts everyday it will reduce your LDL by 5%. Nuts are also full of potassium, magnesium and calcium which will lower the risk of heart disease.
2. Oats and Barley- oats and barley are full of soluble fiber called beta glucan. The cholesterol must be reduced by soluble fiber. If you will consume five to ten grammes of soluble fiber per day your LDL will drop. You have to increase the amount of fiber in your diet by adding fruits like berries and bananas.
3. Fatty Fish- Fish is full of omega 3 fatty acids which will lower your blood triglycerides, blood pressure and the risk of blood clots is removed from your body. Omega 3 fatty acids reduce the risk of sudden death in people who are suffering from heart problem and already experienced heart attacks.
Read More : Don’t ignore these signs it could be early warning signs of Depression
4. Avocados- Avocados are full of nutrients. People who are overweight may benefit of lowering their cholesterol level by adding an avocado daily in your diet. You can eat it as salad and sandwiches spread.
5. Beans- Beans are rich in soluble fiber. Soluble fiber helps in decreasing LDL level by forming a gel in the intestines to block the fat and cholesterol absorption. If you are con summing it on daily basis it will lower the LDL in your body.