Chikungunya is a mosquito born disease which have a long term negative effect on your bone and joint health it will spread through mosquito bites and not directly from person to person. So it is not regarded as contagious disease. When a mosquito with chikungunya virus bites a person the individual became infected and when an uninfected mosquito bites that person having chikungunya already it picks up the virus as the virus already grown up in his body. Chikungunya virus is most often spread to people by Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus mosquitoes. These are the same mosquitoes that transmit dengue virus.
Symptoms of mosquito born disease chikungunya
The symptoms of chikungunya are similar with dengu. Main symptoms are Fever,Headache, and joint pain. Symptoms usually appears 3-7 days after an infected mosquito bites a person
1. High fever
2. Joint pain
8. Muscle Pain
Precautions against chinkungunya infection
Read More : Home Made Face masks for Glowing skin
1. Try using lotions that repel mosquitoes.
2. Discard waste materials on regular basis.
3. take care that there isn’t any water buildup nearby your home
4. wear full sleeve clothing if you are living nearby site where already rising cases of chikungunya
5. use insect repellent at your home to avoid insects and mosquitoes.
6. Avoid travel to places experiencing a chikungunya outbreak.
7 keeping garbage in closed plastic bags and closed containers.
8. use mosquito coils and vaporizers even in daytime.
Duration of chikungunya
This fever typically lasts from several days to one week the fever can also be biphasic means it may come in two stages.
Treatment of chikungunya
There is no specific antiviral treatment is available for chikungunya. Treatment for symptoms can include rest, fluids and use of analgesics and antipyretics. No steroidal anti –inflammatory drugs can be used to help with acute fever and pain.