Tulsi is a holy Plant which is found in every home. It is considered as a sacred plant and People worship tulsi plant whole year. Apart from being a holy plant Tulsi plant has amazing health benefits. It will protect your body from various infections and diseases of the liver, Kidney and skin. It has powerful oxidants which will keep your blood pressure and cholesterol level under control. It is also great for diabetic people as it is helpful to lower down sugar levels. As tulsi plant has so many health benefits so it is quite right to be called as Queen of herbs. There are three types of common tulsi plants we can see
1. Tulsi plant that has Bright green leaves called Ram Tulsi
2. Tulsi Plant that has Purplish green leaves called Krishna Tulsi
3. Common wild Vana Tulsi
Health benefits of Tulsi
1. Immunity Booster- Tulsi leaves are full of Vitamin C and Zinc. it acts as a natural immunity booster which will keep the infections away. This plant leaves are full of anti bacterial and Anti viral and anti fungal properties. It will boost your immunity system and made our body and skin infection free.
2. Stress and blood pressure control- Tulsi contains Ocimumosides A and B which is helpful in reducing stress and balance the brain functionality. The anti inflammatory properties of tulsi will help in reducing blood pressure
3. Effective in cancer –Phytochemical which are found in Tulsi plant is full of antioxidant properties. So they will definitely protect our body from skin, Liver, Oral and Lung cancer.
4. Maintain Heart Health- if you are consuming tulsi on daily basis it will give you provide effective treatment of cardiovascular diseases by lowering blood lipid content and reducing hypertension as it is full of antioxidant properties.
5. Good for diabetes patients- Extracts of tulsi leaves is helpful in lowering blood pressure in patients with Type 2 diabetes.
6. Good for skin and pair- Tulsi plant is helpful in clearing the blemishes and acne of the skin. It is rich in antioxidants which will repair your skin tissues and prevents premature aging.it will strengthen your hair roots and preventing the hair loss.
7. Insect repellent- Dried tulsi leaves are so useful to repel insects you can mix it with stored grains and it will act as a Insect Repellent.
8. Blood purification- Extracts of tulsi leaves can also be applied to insect bites it will ease the pain and reduce the swelling and irritation to a great extent.