Watching movies at a multiplex, or cinema, is one of the most popular leisure activities among people. India is proud to have a large number of multiplexes, which are cinemas with multiple screens and provide moviegoers an exciting experience. The number of large multiplex chains has increased recently. Since India is the world’s cinema capital and these multiplexes are highly well-liked by the public, there is never a shortage of quality films to be shown there. Lets discuss the most famous movie theaters in India.
1. PVR Cinemas- An Indian firm that offers movie entertainment is PVR Cinemas. In 1995, Priya Exhibitors Private Limited and Village Roadshow Limited entered into a joint venture with a 60:40 split. It started conducting business in June 1997. Ajay Bijli, the chairman and managing director of PVR Cinemas, created the business. Sanjeev Kumar Bijli, the brother of PVR Ltd. co-managing director Ajay Bijli. Under PVR, the corporation also runs a proactive CSR division. The first PVR Gold Screen debuted at Bangalore’s Forum Mall.
2. Raj mandir- A movie theatre called Raj Mandir Cinema is located in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. The meringue-shaped theater, which is located on Bhagwan Das Road next to M.I. Road, was first used in 1976. Since then, it has hosted several Hindi film premieres and has come to be recognised as a renowned symbol of Jaipur. Rajmandir Cinema Owner Bhuramal Rajmal Surana The Surana Family is essentially the best jeweller in Jaipur. The exterior’s nine stars stand for nine gem stones, which represent the current proprietors of Rajmandir’s primary business.
3. Big cinemas- A multiplex chain with approximately 470 operating screens in 120 cities and 162 sites in India is called Carnival Cinemas. Carnival Cinemas has a total seating capacity of over 1,50,000 and serves over 5 crore visitors yearly. With the launch of four new screens in Singapore, Carnival Cinemas has recently expanded its presence there by two more locations, bringing the total number of screens there to six. By 2020, they hope to have 1000 screens operating worldwide.
4. Cinepolis- With 427 theatres spread over 97 towns, Cinépolis is the largest cineplex network in Mexico. With more than 624 theaters, 5,000 screens, and over 27,177 employees spread across Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, England, Costa Rica, Panama, Chile, Colombia, Brazil, Peru, Spain, India, Indonesia, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and the United States, it is also the largest chain in Latin America and the fourth largest in the entire world.
Read More : Top Hand Blenders in India for fast cooking
5. Prasads Imax- The Prasad IMAX is a multiplex owned by the Prasad Group. It has a cinema, a five-screen multiplex, food courts, international fast food restaurants, a gaming area, and a mall. Although it wasn’t the largest IMAX when it first opened in 2003, it has gained notoriety for having the world’s biggest screen. In Hyderabad, IMAX features the biggest 3D screen in the world. This is the third IMAX film that India has seen, but interest in it is growing quickly.