Sweet craving? An ice cream or a cake maybe? Everybody has experienced it. Ordering sweet foods late at night or any time of the day can satisfy those late-night cravings. That is something that we have all done. We have all had cravings for foods and sweets. If it only occurs sometimes, it is acceptable, but if it becomes a habit, it could have negative consequences for your health.
What is a desire? A carving is an intense desire to eat anything sweet. Then it gets a little bit more challenging to resist eating it. This may occasionally cause binge eating and an excessive increase in caloric intake. What causes these desires, though?
Reasons behind sugar cravings
1. less protein Intake- Fast blood sugar rises from simple carbs, which in turn causes an increase in insulin levels. Simple carbohydrates alone won’t fill you up or satisfy you; without fibre, protein, and fats in your diet, you’ll quickly find yourself craving more.
Read More : Top Sites where you can buy mobile covers
2. Less sleep- The management of the hormones ghrelin and leptin, which encourage and decrease food intake, is greatly influenced by your internal clock. Poor sleep can impair brain function and cause cravings for junk food the following day.
3. More stress- Cortisol is a hormone that is impacted by stress and, when raised, will change the amount of glucose and insulin in your blood.Serotonin, a neurotransmitter that controls mood and appetite, is increased by sugar ingestion.
4. Nutrients imbalance- Sugar cravings can also be a symptom of abnormalities in calcium, zinc, chromium, and magnesium.
Tips to reduce sugar cravings
Read More : What skin benefits can coffee provide
1. fruit intake- When you start to crave sugar, have fruit around. You’ll also receive some sweetness, fibre, and minerals.
2. more water intake- Drink a glass of water if you feel a strong urge to eat something sweet. It rapidly satisfies your hunger without adding extra calories to your diet.
3. eat dried fennel seeds- Cravings for sugar might be lessened by chewing on dried fennel seeds. The mild sweetness of the flavour helps lessen the craving for genuine sweets.
4. Less stress- Have you ever observed that you seem to crave sweets when you’re stressed? When you’re overly stressed, you need more sugar. You may defeat sugar cravings by learning to manage your stress.
Read More : Top saffron Brands You can buy in India
5. Consume more proteins- Eat less meals that are entirely composed of carbohydrates