Lifestyle elements including inadequate exercise and a calorie-dense diet are the main contributors to childhood obesity. However, it’s also plausible that genetic and hormonal factors play a role.
Read More : Top Airlines available in India
Childhood Obesity: Childhood obesity is a serious medical condition that affects children and adolescents. It’s particularly alarming because juvenile obesity usually predisposes children to health problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol, which were once believed to be the preserve of adults. Additionally, childhood obesity can lead to depression and low self-esteem in kids.
One of the most effective methods to fight childhood obesity is to change your family’s eating and exercise habits. It is possible to manage and prevent childhood obesity, protecting your child’s health now and in the future.
Tips you can follow to prevent childhood obesity
1. start early-Develop healthy eating practises in your kids. Speak with them frequently. Make it enjoyable, and constantly mentor them. Although they might not pay attention right away, the advise sticks in their impressionable young minds and they eventually start putting what you told them in childhood into practise. Therefore, start early because healthy eating habits are formed at a young age.
Read More : Popular street foods you can try in India
2. change your eating habits-Second, parents need to keep an eye on their own eating patterns. Parents who don’t consume veggies need to watch what they feed their kids from an early age on. From an early age, you should encourage your kids to engage in some sort of physical activity for 30 to 40 minutes. Make an effort to serve salads, pulses, and veggies in an entertaining way.
3. Focus on healthy body rather than body weight-It’s crucial to underline to your youngster that health encompasses much more than just physical appearance. The key to maintaining health is achieving an ideal body weight, body composition, and metabolic fitness. Make sure your youngster receives a well-child examination from the doctor at least once a year as well.
Read More : Popular English newspapers in India
4. Limit calorie rich temptations-Reduce the availability of salty, high-fat, and high-sugar snacks for your kids to help them establish healthy eating habits. To ensure that these foods are actually treats, only let your kids have them infrequently.
5. Help children stay active-Children between the ages of 3 and 5 should be active all day long. Physical activity is recommended for children and teenagers from the ages of 6 to 17 for at least 60 minutes each day. Include aerobic exercise, or anything that causes their hearts to beat more quickly. Include bone- and muscle-strengthening exercises like climbing and pushups as well as bone-strengthening activities like jogging and leaping.
Read More : Top Samsung mobiles you can buy in india
6. Reduce sedentary time-While quiet time for reading and homework is acceptable, parents should set a daily time limit of no more than two hours for their kids to watch television, play video games, or browse the internet. Additionally, children two years old or less should not watch television, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. Encourage kids to identify enjoyable activities they may perform alone or with family members that simply require greater movement.