Beautiful weather and soothing rains are a part of monsoon season, but it can also have unintended negative effects on vaginal health. It is possible for illnesses like yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis to occur during the monsoon season due to the humid and wet circumstances, which serve as a haven for bacteria and fungus. She is more likely to get vaginal infections if she has poor hygiene, uses irritants, wears constrictive undergarments, or uses tampons or pads often.
Read More : Popular Astrology books you can read in 2023
The two most crucial aspects of maintaining a healthy vagina, particularly during the monsoon season, are controlling vaginal ph and vaginal microbiota. Vaginal health issues can result from a wide range of factors, including fungus, poor hygiene habits, unwanted bacterial visitors brought on by the vagina’s increased wetness and temperature. Lets discuss the tips you can follow to avoid vaginal infection
1. Women’s Period Care: If you have bad menstrual hygiene, your risk of infection may increase, especially during the monsoon season. To keep your vaginal area healthy, swap out your tampons and pads every four to five hours. To prevent the transmission of bacteria, you should also avoid using scented products near your vaginal area and frequently wash your hands.
2. Keeping pH Level: Regularly wash the vaginal area with warm water and mild, pH-balanced cleaners. Avoid using harsh soaps or douches that could disturb the pH balance of the vagina.
3. Dry Yourself- When people spend a long time in damp pants or clothing, the risk of infections increases. So, after getting wet in the rain or sweating, change into dry clothes as quickly as you can to avoid prolonged moisture that could encourage infections.
4. Avoid using Public toilets- If at all feasible, use a clean, private loo to lessen your exposure to dangerous bacteria and fungi. It’s possible that public restrooms aren’t always clean. If you must use one, try to use toilet paper or disposable seat covers, and make sure it is immaculate.
5. Keep hydrated- Drinking adequate water can help maintain overall vaginal health in two ways: by removing contaminants and by fostering a healthy vaginal environment.
Read More : How you can watch Netflix for free
6. Cotton innerwear- The genital area is kept dry and ventilated by breathable clothing. As they block airflow and gather sweat in the vaginal area, narrow trousers, shorts and tight bottoms should be avoided as they can cause rashes and infection.
7. Secure Relationships: To lower the risk of STDs and maintain a healthy vaginal flora during sexual activity, use condoms or other barrier techniques.
8. Healthy Eating: To strengthen your immune system, which can help prevent infections, maintain a nutritious diet, engage in regular exercise, control your stress levels, and get enough sleep.