Bangalore is a great city popularly known as silicon valley of India. it has pleasant climate all year around. Airy winds, drizzling monsoons and cozy winters are the specialties of bengaluru climate. If you want to enjoy a weekend trip nearby bengaluru lets discuss the locations where you can travel any time of the year specially the upcoming winter months. You can enjoy the road trip for these locations.
Read More : Importance of Garlic in your daily diet
Popular winter weekend gateways near Bangalore
1. Nandi Hills– Nandi Hills is a hill fortress in the south Indian state of Karnataka . People visit here to participate in a wide variety of activities like camping, hiking. It is just 60 Km away from Bangalore and is a perfect weekend gateway for Bangalore people. It is well known for its view points and greeneries. It has number of temples, monuments and shrines. You can do paragliding, camping, cycling, trekking and many more other activities. This place has the famous Bhoga nandeeshwara Temple. This temple is an example of fine craftsmanship and handicrafts. Its structure is supported by huge pillars and it is dedicated to Lord shiva and His famous consorts Nandi and parvati.
2. Mysore- Mysore is a city in southern part of the state of Karnataka. It is situated on the foothills of Chamundi hills. It is noted for the heritage structures and palaces. During the dasara festival it is crowded with people. Mysore palace and zoo are the main attractions to watch in the city so it is one of the top weekend gateways from Bengaluru.
3. Kanakpura- if you are looking for a best weekend place and within a minimum visit you can visit kanakpura it is 50 Km away from bengaluru. You can visit nature adventure camp at kanakpura it is very well designed with in natural surroundings and with funfilling activities. You can participate in camping, swimming and canoeingand can enjoy your weekend in best way.
4. Ramanagara- you can enjoy camping at ramangara it is one of the best weekend gateways near bengalore you can enjoy bonfire and scenic beauty over here. it is just 49 Km away from Bangalore. You can visit mekedatu Chunchi falls and Ranadevara betta Hills.
5. Chikmangalur- it is the most popular hill station placed near bengaluru. It is located 250 kilometer from the city it has great local markets to explore and great cafes to sit and enjoy The kudremukh trek from chikmangalur is a 9 kilometer moderate level trek to go and enjoy the weekend in a great way.